eBritishielts : Tips to Achieve Band 8 Or More In the IELTS Exam
IELTS is an international English language proficiency test that is crucial for those who wish to study or settle abroad. The test has two formats – IELTS Academic Test and the IELTS General Training test. Both of these consist of four modules:
When it comes to your IELTS band score, these four modules hold equal weightage in deciding it. Therefore, if you wish to achieve Band 8 or more in your IELTS exam, you need to score well in all of these. Now, most of the candidates face trouble in at least one of these modules. Do you face a similar issue? eBritishielts is here to help.
Here are some of our tips to achieve Band 8 or more in your IELTS exam. Have a look:
Start Your IELTS Preparation Well Ahead of Time
If you need to appear for the IELTS exam, it is a wise idea to start preparing for it as early as you can. It is especially advisable for someone from a non-English speaking country who wants to achieve Band 8 or more in your IELTS exam. In case you lack in the English language, you may have to learn the basic English grammar to prepare for IELTS well.
Further, from your listening and writing skills to your spoken English, you will have to practice a lot for all. Thus, starting ahead of time will leave you with enough time in hand to prepare for all the four IELTS modules. During all this, IELTS online preparation is sure to come in handy, as it is convenient when it comes to managing your time.
Focus on Each Module
How to Achieve Band 8 in the IELTS Reading Test?
The IELTS Reading Test is considered the easiest of the four modules. Here are our tips and tricks to achieve Band 8 or more in it:
- Always study the questions wisely before answering them to understand what the examiner expects you to answer.
- When you read the passage, try remembering which paragraph contains what. This way, you can manage time well.
- Always write the number of the words in the answer, as asked. Writing more or less can result in a deduction of marks.
- Go for easy questions first. Then, move on to the difficult ones that may require more time.
- The Reading test takes a test of your vocabulary and grammatical accuracy as well. Always keep this in mind.
How to Achieve Band 8 in the IELTS Writing Test?
The IELTS Writing test is undoubtedly the toughest. The essay you write should be free of any grammatical errors, have a perfect structure, a wide range of vocabulary, and flawless rich English. For both your writing task 1 and 2, keep the following in mind:
- Your handwriting should be legible.
- Make an impressive start to your writing.
- Try using a wide range of vocabulary.
- For task 1, your sentences should be well-composed and flawless.
- For task2, write more complex sentence structures.
- Your sentence should not be longer than 15 words.
- Your ideas, paragraphs, and sentences should link together.
- Everything your write should be transparent and understandable.
- Follow the correct structures for both the tasks.
How to Achieve Band 8 in the IELTS Listening Test?
The IELTS Listening test is another module that people struggle in. During this, you have to listen to a recorded conversation and answer accordingly. Here is what you can do to achieve Band 8 or more in this module of the IELTS test:
- You need to have a high level of concentration. Make sure not to skip any part of the recording if you wish to answer correctly.
- Go through the questions before the audio starts. This way, you will know the blanks that you need to fill.
- Look for keywords in the questions. These will be useful if you get lost in between the conversation played.
- If you have to answer in one word, follow it. Using even two words will result in a loss of marks.
- Try to be careful about your spelling. Also, use the singular and plural forms correctly.
How to Achieve Band 8 in the IELTS Speaking Test?
The last test that you will have to give is the IELTS Speaking test. This IELTS module is relatively easy. However, candidates tend to struggle in it due to a lack of confidence. It is because, in it, you need to have a face to face conversation with the examiner. Here are our tips for this test:
- Always be confident, and look at the examiner while answering.
- For the second part, do not stop before 2 minutes if the examiner does not interrupt you.
- Speak fluently and make sure that you are audible.
- Never try to copy any accent.
- Use correct pronunciation and deliver well-structured answers.
- Make sure that you are grammatically sound and use a diverse range of vocabulary.
Find the Best Online IELTS Training Platform
Sure, you can prepare for your IELTS exam yourself. However, if you wish to achieve Band 8 or more in the IELTS exam, you will need expert help. eBritishielts can help you with this. With our three-level IELTS Academic and General Training packages, you are sure to boost your skills within no time. Also, you can choose single modules if you feel like you lack in any of them. Here is how online IELTS Training with eBritishielts works:
If you wish to get your desired IELTS band score, preparation is the key. There is no other ‘magical rule’ that you need to follow to achieve Band 8 or more in the IELTS exam. Sure, getting such a high band score is difficult. But it is not impossible. eBritishielts will provide you the right guidance you need for it. Sign up for free with us, and begin your journey towards your desired score.
Related Posts :-